Announcement of Job Openings (2)
Position: Supportive Living Nurse
Currently seeking a part-time nurse (LPN or RN) to join the Supportive Living team who work at the Humility of Mary Center supporting the CHM Sister-residents with their health concerns or issues and the ability to intervene on their behalf when necessary. The nurse strives to assist and foster the sister’s independence as much as possible. The nurse works as a liaison between the sisters and the CHM administration.
Some of the nursing responsibilities include ordering and distributing medications; assembling medications boxes for those able to take their own medications; assessing health status and taking vitals; ordering weekly labs, assessing results and contacting physicians; assisting with personal hygiene as necessary; provide first aid; share on-call responsibilities by communicating with night and weekend staff for medical emergencies; take sisters to their medical appointments and all other duties deemed essential for the sisters’ well-being.
- Must have nursing degree (LPN or RN) and current Iowa license.
- Must have knowledge of geriatrics and the aging process.
- Prefer experience working with geriatric populations.
- Must exhibit a calm and pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Must have the ability and willingness to follow regulations and directions.
- Must have the ability to navigate stairs with ease.
- Must have concise and clear communications skills wwhen dealing with others.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references to: email@example.com or Mike Duffy, 820 W. Central Park Ave., Davenport, IA 52804
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status.
Position: Assistant Director at Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat, Wheatland, IA
Job Description: Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat (OLPR), a ministry of the Congregation of the Humility of Mary, (CHM) is seeking an Assistant Director to work collaboratively with the OLPR Director to uphold the mission and core values of OLPR in all matters of general administration, planning, fiscal management, property maintenance, personnel management, public relations, marketing and communication. www.chmiowa.org/retreat
Mission: We who carry on ministry at Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat provide hospitality and service in a sacred space of peace and beauty that promotes respect for all creation in the tradition of the Congregation of the Humility of Mary. We welcome all to come for prayer, spiritual renewal, solitude, conferences and meetings.
Core Values: Respects all people, appreciates diversity among people, cultures and spiritual traditions; is well versed in Catholic theology, social teachings and contemporary cosmology. Upholds the CHM “Land Ethic and Principles of Sustainability”.
- Dedication to retreat work as a ministry
- Familiarity with retreat facilities, planning and scheduling of events
- Three or more years of non-profit management/leadership in hospitality, operations and human resources.
- Strong sense of hospitality and collaborative skills
- Willingness to live on site and work a flexible schedule
- Master’s degree or Certification in spiritual direction and/or pastoral ministry
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Able to offer environmental education and implement environmental practices
- Physically able to walk the land, and do gardening
This full time salaried position includes medical benefits, vacation, holidays and housing if the applicant lives at OLPR.
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, three professional references and give a range of an expected salary to:
Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat
820 West Central Park Avenue
Davenport IA 52804