IN THE STILLNESS WE HEAR YOUR VOICE, O GOD
STEP INTO TRANQUILITY
Something Special Coming up...
Spend a day, a weekend, or even a week, reflecting, meditating and appreciating the beauty of God’s creation in a very special place deep in the midwest countryside: Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat, near Wheatland, Iowa. Only 40 minutes from downtown Davenport yet far from the hectic pace of life, The Prairie offers people of all faiths an environment of quiet beauty conducive to:
- personal prayer and reflection,
- inner growth and nurturing the soul,
- group team building, creative thinking and decision making.
Helpful Links and Downloads
- Email us for more info or call 563-336-8414
- 2017 Program Brochure (pre-registration required by 3 days prior)
- Prairie Retreat General Info Brochure - plan your own personal or group retreat!
- Prairie Retreat Guest Handbook
- Like us on Facebook
Whether you come alone or with a group, you’ll find a welcoming environment designed to renew the human spirit:
- Paths wandering through woods
- Fields of flowing prairie grass
- Peaceful nature pond
- Ancient circles of the labyrinth
- Birdsong welcoming the morning
- Restful bliss in private rooms
- Phenomenal sunrise and sunset
For those with a focus on eco-friendly experiences The Prairie is sure to please:
- Surrounded by 200 acres of natural prairie grass and timber – no chemicals added
- Abundant native wildlife
- Fresh Iowa country air
- No bottled water – filtered H2O fresh from the well
- Delicious homecooked meals - locally grown and organic whenever possible
- China and flatware meal service (forget the paper & plastic!)
A SACRED SPACE
Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat is a ministry of the Congregation of the Humility of Mary and is located in rural east central Iowa on a 200-acre native grass prairie woodland along the Wapsipinicon River.